Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is, like, super peeved at Barack Obama because he thinks the president may have been talking about him when he told audiences in Turkey and the Phillipines earlier this week that “at first, (Republicans) were too scared of the press being too tough on them in the debates. Now they are scared of three-year-old orphans. That doesn’t seem so tough me.” Setting aside the fact those comments could apply to pretty much every conservative in the country seeing as how they’re all wetting their pants over the prospect of allowing a tiny percentage of carefully vetted Syrian refugees displaced by years of drought and civil war to not starve in the United States, he has a point: If you’re gonna toss out the fightin’ words, be man enough to be around for the fight.
That is a hard-and-fast man rule that applies in all man situations, and Cruz let Obama know it. “If you want to insult me, you can do it overseas, you can do it in Turkey, you can do it in foreign countries, but come back and insult me to my face,” Cruz said to NBC News. “Let’s have a debate on Syrian refugees right now. We can do it anywhere you want….It’s easy to toss a cheap insult where no one can respond.”
It sure is! As you’ll see below, Cruz has had his beefs with Obama over the years, but he’s never stooped to violating the man rule on talking smack. The ones in bold were said right to Obama’s face:
- “When, President Obama, do you mean to cease abusing our patience? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end to that unbridled audacity of yours swaggering about as it does now?”
- “On issue after issue, the Obama Administration has openly ignored, defied, and unilaterally tried to change the law.”
- “You’d better believe that Putin sees that in Syria, Obama draws a red line and ignores the red line.”
- “If I’m elected president, let me tell you about my first day in office. The first thing I intend to do is to rescind every illegal and unconstitutional executive action taken by Barack Obama.”
- “There is no room for Christians in today’s Democratic Party.”
- “The radical Left loves attacking people as anti-science when anyone dares question their computer models on global warming.”
- ”I think President Obama is the most radical president this nation’s ever seen.”
- “You look at our Constitution, you look at our Bill of Rights, this is an administration that seems bound and determined to violate every single one of our Bill or Rights. I don’t know that they’ve yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in people’s homes soon.”
What you gonna do about it, Barry? Cruz is right here. That’s what he thought.